Discuss Taking apart Lead joint on 4" Cast Iron pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

joni os

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Vertical soil pipe in 4" CI. Connections below collar I would prefer not to disturb.
Any advice on dismantling lead joint at collar.

Easy enough you need a big blow lamp heat joint till lead starts to melt and Flickr it hot with an old screwdriver or similar easyest if thjere a length above to wiggle it loose Beware the yarn will come out flaming

We did this on a cast stack last week blow lamp on full pap and lump hammer then smash but we was swapping it for plastic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Taking apart Lead joint on 4" Cast Iron pipe. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what...
Replies
Views
Looking to see what iron pipe part can fit a 10mm ball joint? In this pic there is a part that connects the ball joint (or whatever they are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors...
Replies
Views
Good evening I've came across 90mm cast iron before and used mcalpine extB (90 to 110 extension) But what I have here kind of bellows out to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock