Search the forum,

Discuss t4ts plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pennylane

Hi, can any plumbers out there tell me if when they are looking for employees they accept the city & guilds 6189 level 2 certificate, or is there a different qualification you prefer. Thankyou

sorry to disappoint but there are many out of work plumbers with lots of experience at the moment. to stand any chance of gaining a proper paid wage in this industry you will need a minimum of tech cert levels 2 and 3 and your nvq's and your chances would still be slim to none.

others in your situation have felt forced into returning to their previous occupation or jumping in feet first and going self employed which without experience and guidance can be a dangerous thing. if you choose this route find a local plumber who will help you on the jobs you can't manage alone. let him get paid and you get the experience for next time.

I signed up on a website called plumbing courses and so far have been quite impressed. They called me back and explained everything and didn't try to over sell it to me. They were quite honest about my chances of getting employed and said that like any industry it depends on the type of person you are and what you are willing to do - which I believe! I know someone in London who requested quotes on RatedPeople and he got only one person show interest when he put two jobs for two different bathrooms. That to me says there is a opportunities if you look for them and you may need to move in order to find work.

I signed up on a website called plumbing courses and so far have been quite impressed. They called me back and explained everything and didn't try to over sell it to me. They were quite honest about my chances of getting employed and said that like any industry it depends on the type of person you are and what you are willing to do - which I believe! I know someone in London who requested quotes on RatedPeople and he got only one person show interest when he put two jobs for two different bathrooms. That to me says there is a opportunities if you look for them and you may need to move in order to find work.
Don't be fooled by the fact your friend didn't get many replies on rated people most plumbers won't use their service as it is expensive and provides generally low quality enquiries. I have been in this industry a long time and it is tough out there, every other van on the road seems to be a plumber. Please don't waste your money on these learn plumbing in 5 minutes courses. If you are serious about learning a trade then be patient and go to a proper college. I know it takes longer but to be honest there is no work around at the moment and when things do pick up you will be in a much better position for getting work. I have been employing other plumbers for years and I certainly wouldn't take someone on who had learnt their trade over the Internet. I know it sounds like I am being harsh but I am just trying to save you from being ripped off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to t4ts plumbing course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock