Discuss T4TS, courses, what do you want. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

:rolleyes:
HI,
just through my own experience, i have just finished nvq3.
it has took me 10 months of theory work and 9.5 months of self-employed experience. (no point of hanging around for some one to hold my hand). i did not goto no centre training as i had a reasonable plumbing / practical knowledge of how things work, if i had no idea how to fix a problem on a viewing i wouldnt take the job, but to pass it on to an olde plumber in return for a bit of time spent learning from him. I am now starting acs training for my gas cert and expect practical exp' from the olde gas guy in return of jobs i have given to him over last 8 months or so in which i expect to pass and be corgi / captiva regestered by june 2009.
IT'S NOT BRAIN SURGERY.- but knowing how to use a spanner helps.

whats the problem?
if you want something, go get it and stop pssing around.
if you think you want it (proberbly because someone else has it already) you will get more out of a six grand holiday.

the reason i say this.
my brother in law has just started t4ts @ a cost of £5,950. he has no practical/tools experience and currently an unemployed salesman who needs something to fall back on if he looses his job again.!!!!! - tw@...
he knows that the course i do/did cost only £2,250 with another company where you pay for the things you need on top, if / when you need them
i.e. (a crap bob 't' builder spanner kit for working on your push-bike) this is the theory part nvq only, training centre parts are about £200 each if and when you need it, but not every-one needs health and safty course if you get my drift.

my message to you all is, if you pay your £6k put your blinkers on dont look back and get on with it set your goal to achieve it in 6 months. or go on holiday and think about it.
or
pay £2,250 take your time, enjoy it, see if its for you. and dont foget to pack your theory test in your suitcase when you go on your £4grand holiday.

as for the neg time served plumbers out there,
you'd beat my bum at the moment on central heating systems as this takes more experience, otherwise i was the other guy who put a quote in for the same insurance job as you last week!!!!
move with the times or move over. l.o.l.

You paid £2250, you were ripped off, I paid £1100 for a NVQ2 at collage and thats with 9 hours a week in class and 9 hours a week in the workshop. Thats for 6192 and 6089 if I can get work on site. Its a year course and I am in college for 2 and a half days.

I see, you paid £1,100 for nvq2 basic plumbing.
how much is it worth if you can get your portfolio together by going on site to gain your nvq3 advanced ?.
which college are / was you at?. as £0.75pence per hour for any training sounds cheap, infact cheaper than the busfare to your college.
not that i am having a go though, i think any training should be freely available from the government if put into practice once qualified.

hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T4TS, courses, what do you want. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock