Discuss T&P Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AnimalPlumber

All,

I have just been advised of a job to replace 2 T&P valves to 2 flats.

I just wanted to know how you drain an unvented cylinder? Is is the same as a normal vented cylinder through a drain valve?

Thanks

thats the only way to drain anything through a draincock.

i hope your not fitting these on an unvented cylinder.

Last edited by a moderator:
you want to fit a t&p to a unvented cylinder do you have a g3 ?

I don't. why would this be a problem as I have spoke to about 4 experienced plumbers over the past 24hours and all say that it will not be a problem

i take they are not unvented qualified then.
as you need a g3 cert to work on a unvented cylinder.
try google it will tell you.

unvented cylinder are a time bomb if you don't understand them or get it wrong.
and if you do get it wrong in someones house your in the deep.

and if your asking how to drain one, is it the same as an vented cylinder thats told me alot already.

[DLMURL="http://www.tradeservices.uk.com/further_water.html"]Further Training :: Unvented Hot Water[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
if something was to go wrong you could very easly kill people . under normal atmosphere conditions water boils at 100'c when you have a sealed system and your water is at 3 bar pressure water boils at 140'c aprox. not only is that scary water when boiled it expands 1600 times its self as this is steam. now where you did have 250 liters of water now you have 400000 liters of steam . im sure the sums there are corect
any way i have just made myself brain dead thinking abiut that here is a video too show you the full extent.
YouTube - Water Heater Blast
YouTube - Water Heater explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to T&P Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock