Discuss System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

If I only have one tank, will I not need to keep it at least 65c, so that the PHE can produce DHW?
DHW using a direct system will be more than adequate at 43-48° no legionella issue. (That's what TMV's are set at for antiscalding anyway)

How does a honeywell evo allow the tenants to set the heating times
Bind the TRV to specific controller then each controller back to it's own receiver wired in parallel: simples, The smart tenants could even hook the evo up to their iphone for when they are away :)

Maybe seeing as it is a major refurb, you should also consider multiple zones, ufh, ashp :):):)

In fact all of this is very simple (for those of us that do it for a living) - time to call in a pro and discuss your options with ball park costs, choose your spec, get them to price, and go.....

Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

DHW using a direct system will be more than adequate at 43-48° no legionella issue. (That's what TMV's are set at for antiscalding anyway)

The HSE says that:

The water temperature should be at least 50 °C within one minute of running the water at the outlet (or the inlet of the TMV within 2m of outlet.)

I agree that it is daft to say the least given how little water will be sitting in the pipework, however the law now says that landlords must do a legionella risk assessment and there are no well accepted guidelines at present apart from the HSE!

Lots of letting agents are now telling landlords that they must pay for a professional legionella risk access that costs about £200 even on properties that just have a simple combi boiler. Hopefully soon same GS people will do the 1 or 2 days training, so it can be included as standard with the gas safety check.

With what I suggested there is no stored hot water. It says : "Check flow and return temperatures at calorifiers. Outgoing water should be at least 60 °C
There is no calorifier, in what I suggested it is 'instantaneous' hot water...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock