Discuss System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ringi

So as to get the best condensing when running heating, the flow temperature from the boiler needs to be set as low as possible, by installing radiators that are sized for 50c => 30c (often called oversized.) However the DHW tank must be heated to above 60c, so needs a flow temperature from the boiler of 70c.

Yet most system boiler I have seen only allows one flow temperature to be set, does this not make it impossible to operate a system so it condenses most of the time while running the radiators?

Also combi are about with a modulation range of as such as 10:1 but system boilers seem to have a much lower modulation range, how come?

(I am staring to consider the heating options for a property I brought at auction last week; it will have 5 bedrooms, ideally each on its own zone, as I will be letting it “room by room”. However it has solid walls, so the peak heating demand will be high.)

Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

Cylinder needs it's own VT supply! Easy!

Re: System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow te

A zone for each room?? Christ, you may as well put heat meters in the flows to each room if you are going that far :lol:

best get your hmo licence sorted first from your council before you start installing your system

We had issues with HMO! It's the environmental health dept usually..... What a pain in the arris for you poor landlords can't cram 35 students in a 5 bed one bath any more! What??? Some detectors, periodic inspection, locks fire doors.....

full fire alarm systems, smoke free escape routes, alarms in each room................... the list grows and some uni towns arent granting hmo licences in some areas to bring the housing balance back to families and a few students.

The HMO licence is a bit of a pain, but it is reasonable what they ask for, it is not hard to meet the standard on fire alarms, fire doors etc. Also it does help reduce the number of competitors:yes:

I am starting with a house that is in a very poor state, therefore most of the work that trip people up, has to be done anyway, for example a fire door costs very little more then a normal decent door, and all the doors need replacing anyway.

Likewise with the heating, the current radiators are very old, most likely full of muck so a complete replacement is on order.

I wish that heat meter were more reasonability priced, if forced I can put a data logger on all the 2 way values to prove how much each room is asking for heat. But I expect my tenants will be “high end” enough that it is not an issue.

I yet to decide if I will zone each room with a timer/thermostat, or just have one timer and TRV in each room – the cost of zoning is not too unreasonable if done when a system is installed. However I can’t zone unless the boiler can cope with a VERY low heat demand.

so how are you charging for HW? keep it simple and sweet, programmer on long periods and wh fm 0500 -2300 with trvs on rads and a room stat in landlord area thats tamper proof. divide bill amongs tenants

Thank feck I never become a huge landlord, i rent out one property but the minute profit comes before the standard of housing of the people you rent out to. I'm out :)

I am not going to charge seperatly for HW or heating, however the tenancy agreements will have a fair usage limit, and if the utilities cost more than that, than the tenants get billed. Having some ideal the relative usage between tenants could be useful, just tenants knowing that I can check may get them to turn down the radiator rather than opening a window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to System boilers with high modulation radio and independently head/DHW coil flow tempe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
S
Morning all, I have a Worcester Bosch 8000 life 40kw boiler on system with 7 radiators and the boiler is located in the loft of a 1907 end of...
Replies
Views
Simon from Watford
S
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
B
  • Question
Hi, Not sure if this is the place to post this, but hope some one can help. My Central Heating water temperatures seem to fluctuate a lot, while...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock