Discuss System Boiler (Y-plan) with Google Nest 3rd Gen and OpenTherm? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Do you think it would be possible to replace this Honeywell controller with a fused switch
This is really a question of how the fixed wiring in your property is configured.
If the supply to your heating system is a spur from a ring, it absolutely needs an FCU on that spur before being connected to the heating components.
If you have a dedicated radial from the CU to the heating, there should at least be a switch in the vicinity, but again better a FCU, fused to protect the cables in the heating system.

So the answer is "yes"!

You might ask your heating engineer what was the reason for leaving the Honeywell in position?

Haha just when I had resigned myself to the idea that I won't be able to get it to work :)
As you see I'm no expert on this, but I still don't understand why you can't follow both the Y-plan and the Opentherm schematics, but disconnect the (switched) feed from the cylinder stat and valve to boiler SL, make the boiler SL permanently Live, and then get Opentherm to control the boiler. Or maybe Opentherm can't turn the boiler on and off?

Reply to System Boiler (Y-plan) with Google Nest 3rd Gen and OpenTherm? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have just bought a google nest 3rd gen thermostat to be connected opentherm. I currently have the baxi ifos rather comp fitted. I was...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I've currently got a system boiler with cylinder and rads on s-plan. I'm planning on installing UFH in my kitchen/diner and...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an Ideal Logic max 35 and have just connected my Nest thermostat via opentherm. The boiler modulates the water temp fine but as the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock