Discuss Switching from Marine Plumbing into Domestic Plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mainman999

Hi there,
Looking for a bit a help. Currently in my last year of my Marine Plumbing apprenticeship in a ship yard in Glasgow which would qualify me as a Pipefitter at the end of August.
Ideally I would like to some how transfer into Domestic Plumbing once my apprencticeship is finished. Does anybody know of any sort of course that would allow me to make the transition or would I have to find somesort of part time/evening class for the NVQ/SVQ level 2 course?
Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ross

You can use your hands, you can use tools and know what tools are needed to do specific jobs, drilling cutting etc so your halfway there. certain things will be transferable between your nvqs, like key skills IT Comunication etc etc.

The last place I'd ask for advice would be the private plumbing course centres. Their whole being is to get as many people training to be a plumber as possible.

I'd ask at a job centre or careers centre and see what they say.

As Blackcatgas says, you're halfway there already.

Take a look at sprinker installation - they need pipefitting skills but the work is land based. Your qualifications will enable you to do this and as most domestic plumbers can't do pipefitting they will not be in competition with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Switching from Marine Plumbing into Domestic Plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back