Discuss Switching from Marine Plumbing into Domestic Plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mainman999

Hi there,
Looking for a bit a help. Currently in my last year of my Marine Plumbing apprenticeship in a ship yard in Glasgow which would qualify me as a Pipefitter at the end of August.
Ideally I would like to some how transfer into Domestic Plumbing once my apprencticeship is finished. Does anybody know of any sort of course that would allow me to make the transition or would I have to find somesort of part time/evening class for the NVQ/SVQ level 2 course?
Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers, Ross

You can use your hands, you can use tools and know what tools are needed to do specific jobs, drilling cutting etc so your halfway there. certain things will be transferable between your nvqs, like key skills IT Comunication etc etc.

The last place I'd ask for advice would be the private plumbing course centres. Their whole being is to get as many people training to be a plumber as possible.

I'd ask at a job centre or careers centre and see what they say.

As Blackcatgas says, you're halfway there already.

I have qualifications in plumbing and pipefitting and there's more money in pipefitting!

Take a look at sprinker installation - they need pipefitting skills but the work is land based. Your qualifications will enable you to do this and as most domestic plumbers can't do pipefitting they will not be in competition with you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Switching from Marine Plumbing into Domestic Plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock