Discuss Suspect boiler auto bypass in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If the auto bypass in my condensing boiler is stuck open will it cause a problem and/or significantly reduce the boiler's efficiency?

I think the bypass is stuck open because the temperature of the bypass pipe is always the same as, or close to, the temperature of the boiler flow, when measured with a digital thermocouple meter. I found this by chance after topping up the system pressure using the boiler's in-built filling loop.

Reply to Suspect boiler auto bypass in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
A plumber recently told me my bypass pipework is poorly designed as it’s offering a low path of resistance v the motorised valve T junctions, and...
Replies
Views
I have read that an Auto Bypass Valve (ABV) is not compatible with a pump set to Proportional Pressure (PP) mode. I have a recently fitted...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi there, I recently bought a bunch of Drayton Wiser Smart TRV heads. I wanted to install them on all of my radiators so that I have full control...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking for some advice please. My system has 5 Drayton Wiser TRVs. There are 8 rads over 3 storeys and a 170l unvented...
Replies
Views
A bit of history first. 2 yrs ago visited a grant boiler with boiler and pipework kettling. I added SentX200 noise reducer. It is standard open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock