Discuss Supply pipe more help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tonyacktar

Thanks for all the advice so far, so i went down and cleaned out the stop tap chamber and its an ancient looking thing with the lead pipe soldered to the stop tap which looks like brass. See photo.
The question is do i just lead lock the MDPE to the lead pipe, or should i melt the solder off to see if i can connect to the tap itself.
Or do i get the utility company to change the stop tap??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B23tDX8yR2Kec2pRME5yYlpkSTg/edit?usp=sharing

All advice gratefully appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Supply pipe more help needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Looking for advice please, our plumber has left us in it and I think I may know why. So they where supposed to be fitting a cloakroom sink...
Replies
Views
We have just moved in to a 1934 Semi- and I am getting round a few simple DIY tasks, including a couple of plumbing-part renewals such as modern...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping...
Replies
Views
Back