Discuss Sudden low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

assegayer

hi,

I have a problem that i hope somebody on here can answer,

Background information:

Combi boiler system
Cold water mains no water tank.

The kitchen sink has very high pressure however the pressure in the bathroom sink and shower is very low and every now and then it goes lower, i have cleaned he filters and check the pipe jsut beneath the sink and all is clear, what do you reckon are the possible problems, sure its not air as its mains,

what do you think it could be? blockage?

thank you

Are the basin taps fitted with flexible hoses? What sort of shower is it? One coming off the bath taps?

Are the basin taps fitted with flexible hoses? What sort of shower is it? One coming off the bath taps?

Thanks for reply, yes they are flexi and the shower is just a normal unit where the shower hose connects to the bath unit, i think the bath is supplied by the taps maybe? what could be the problem

The rubber tube inside flexis can warp, bulge or collapse, reducing the bore. Also check if the bath taps are connected with flexis. I assume you've done the obvious things like checking the shower rose for limescale?

The rubber tube inside flexis can warp, bulge or collapse, reducing the bore. Also check if the bath taps are connected with flexis. I assume you've done the obvious things like checking the shower rose for limescale?

Yes iv checked all the obvious things, its just strange that could it be possible both the shower and sink taps go at the same time

It's a process of elimination. Check the flexis, it's one more thing ticked off.

Have you a prv fitted or a tap inlet filter or even maybe a strainer. If you say you've done that obvious checks. This is all I can think of, and that you've iso valves which may not be fully wide opened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sudden low pressure in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone know what this is (in a kitchen cupboard, under the kitchen sink)? I'm wondering if it is an accumulator. Mains water...
Replies
Views
S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One...
Replies
Views
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock