Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stupid question about shower enclosures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Never installed a shower tray, only installed couple of shower enclosure in last 6 years and both supplied by customer. But I think I'm ready for the experience of a lifetime, adrenaline rush type experience of my first supply and install.

This mank enclosure has died and needs replacing. Tray measured 750 by 750 so trotted off presuming I'd just need to find cheapest 750 by 750 hinged enclosure.

Why are they all (or most) 760 by 760? Did I measure badly (was in a hurry) and therefore need to go back or check it isn't 750 by 750? Or are 99% 760?

Apols for high levels of dumbarsery.

IMAG0181.jpg

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

2nd question: Can you put door on either side in most of them?

yea the door and side panel will come separate and you can normally flip the door over to open the other way

You probably measured correctly, tray will be sunk into wall 10mm on two sides so it is actually a 760 tray insitu.
Be careful with the measurements for the enclosure, most enclosures suit 800 and 760 trays so it is sometimes a struggle to get a door and panel on a 760 tray if the tray is too far into the wall. Check the walls don't lean out at the top too much as that decreases what adjustment you have available at the bottom.

Last edited:
The finished wall opening - ie, the plaster or board, should be actually slightly less than the base width of tray. That why on a plan, the opening for a 760mm tray might say 750mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stupid question about shower enclosures in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Im fitting a kitchen in my own house . When removing the gas oven on a bayonet fitting and turned the gas hob off and removed a four burner gas...
Replies
Views
I have a Neo-Angle shower tray, … imagine an oblong with corner cut at 45 degree It’s 1.2m x 0.9m The ‘Roman’ shower door has failed, the only...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'll soon be installing a SONAS 1500 X 800 resin shower tray in a bathroom that I am renovating. It does not come with any sealant or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock