Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Stud wall and soil pipe boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikie

I have an alcove in the bathroom on wall adjoining a bedroom. This creates a step in the wall on the bedroom side that I'd like to eliminate.

I've realised that the alcove wall is the original house wall (plaster and lathe) and that the reason for the alcove was to box in the soil and pipes and cistern for the toilet and basin, and to allow for boxing in the soil from the toilet in the loft bathroom (2 storey 3 bed semi with loft conversion). The bedroom wall steps towards the bathroom, new stud wall, where there is no soil piping at ceiling level.

I want to take the alcove space from the bathroom and give it to the bedroom, eliminating the kink in the wall.
Its a non-load bearing wall, to my knowledge as the loft conversion steels will be taking the load of the rooms above.
I've seen in-wall cistern systems that show the soil pipe boxed within the wall which would be ideal for the bathroom toilet.

My questions are:
am I ok to box the loft soil pipe into the stud wall? Assuming that the stud wall depth would need to be sufficient to hide the pipe.
Does the ceiling level soil pipe run need to be accessible? (the current boxing isn't obviously dismantle-able)

Ta in advance
M.

the pipe can be inside the wall, you may want to lagg it to stop any noise from what comes down it. the only thing that needs to be accessible and ventilated really is any auto air valve/ durgo if there is one fitted and any rodding access points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stud wall and soil pipe boxing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock