Search the forum,

Discuss Stuck Lockshield Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nrico2006

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to open/close the lockshield valve on a radiator?

I have one valve that did not budge when I attempted to move it with a set of pliers. Is more force required (adjustable spanner?). I was hesitant at putting too much force on the valve in case I damaged it.

Would it be an idea to slightly loosen the gland nut?

Thanks in advance.

I had the same a few times now and in the end had to replace the whole thing as it was well and truly stuck. Try more force with adjustable just steady it with a pair of grips. Be prepared for waterworks.

You could try gently tapping both the body and the spindle and/or squirting a bit of Plus Gas spray around the base of the spindle and let it seep in. Don't apply too much force or you could snap the spindle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stuck Lockshield Valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Bathroom towel rail with straight lockshield valves as in picture. Can't remove the top to tighten gland nut as it is leaking. Must be possible to remove but I can't and don't want to force it off.
Replies
Views
Heating system is 14 years old. On inspection I find that every lockshield valve is fully open. After adjusting some, I find that they weep slightly from the adjustment screw - valve type is as in attached picture, with only the adjustment screw behind the cap. Leak sealant is in the system - do...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a radiator in the hallway which has never worked. When I bled the radiators few days ago I checked the hallway one, and it appears to have pressure. The valve on the right of the radiator is fully open, now the valve on the left I am confused about. It is the type with a small...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I purchased this steam vent valve: Hoffman Steam Air Vent 40, 1/8" Angle Steam Radiator Air Valve 401440. Installed it and the hissing is much reduced but now, the hissing happens every 10-20 seconds for about two seconds. Its annoying enough to wake me up at night (I wish I...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, Hopefully someone can throw some light on if this is a real issue or not. I have had this boiler for about 10 years, I noticed just recently that when the CH has been turned off that a couple of the rads closest to the boiler were slightly warm. When the boiler had demand to heat the DHW I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock