Discuss Strange programmer wallplate wiring - no HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mattt

Hello,

Hopefully someone might be able to assist me!

I've been playing around with my new Tado (smart thermostat) system and have noticed something odd that the HW turns the CH on but doesn't heat any water.

I recently moved into the house and the previous owners just ran the HW off the immersion heater (pressurised hot water tank upstairs) - but the CH off the oil boiler.

I then started investigating and found the wiring on the controller wall plate looks odd:

(Picture deleted as it denied me posting - will try below)

There's a 3 core and a 4 core wire running to the wall plate - the 3 core has only the L connected and the E/N tucked away. The 4 core is wired corrected to the N/L but then the 2 black wires are connected to HW ON and CH ON - with nothing to the OFF terminals.

There is also a wired thermostat elsewhere in the house, which just has 2 wires connected.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Welcome along, Post some pictures via Dropbox and we'll try an decipher it for you

It's not letting me post up a link to the picture unfortunately!

Essentially the wallplate looks like below (numbers of wires in each terminal written below):

N L 1 2 3 4
1 2 0 0 1 1

Welcome to the forum Matt.
Good people here to help you.

you only need the off terminal if your using a three port motorised valve as you say you haver a mains pressure hwc i would assume you have two two port motorised valves so the wiring you have sounds correct

Thanks, it's a Trianco Contractor boiler.

It was serviced 3 months ago, so a bit puzzled as to what's going on. I recently replaced the old Drayton Tempus 7 controller with the Tado extension kit but the wiring is identical for both.

This is the wiring into the timer, have you found the main wiring centre that everything go's into [valves - stats etc.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange programmer wallplate wiring - no HW in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock