Discuss Strange combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sevenbubbles

Hi guys, really hoping that someone will be able to help as have hadliterally everything replaced on my worcester combi but we are still having problems. My very experienced and honest plumber is flummoxed !!! Since moving into the property 3yrs ago we have had regular problems with the pressure dropping on the boiler requiring us to repressurise to get hot water. It has always seemed to be the matki thermo shower that kicks out the boiler. I can't remember the names of what gas been replaced but my plumber did say that there were 3 main things that it cld be and over time they have all been done!!Our problems seem to be worse in winter when it is cold outside - the boiler is located in our external garage. Right now we can get hot water In the bathroom if we only open the tap about halfway so as you can imagine we are getting pretty rubbish pressure showers. Also, if you run the cold tap whilst the shower is on it will sometimes knock out the boiler extinguishing the pilot light. Same problem if you turn the shower right down to cold. - if you then turn the shower off when you turn it on again from cold invariably this will knock out the boiler. Am pretty resigned that we need a new Boiler but don't want to go to that expense if it is in fact something up with the shower that is causing all of this. Is v frustrating!!Thanks v much in advance.

Need some info on the boiler please, It's a worcester but what model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange combi problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock