Search the forum,

Discuss Strange black residue in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

one can dan

Hi, We have a Worcester Greenstar 24i combi boiler which we think was installed in 2010. After taking a bath, we have noticed there are strange black specks/dots left in the bathtub which when rubbed smudge like mascara. The problem only seems to be in the bathtub and basin in the bathroom and only when the hot water is run. Could this related to a problem with the boiler? Does the boiler need servicing? We've just had a baby who we are bathing in the tub, so we are concerned that the specks could be harmful in someway. Any help much appreciated.
Thanks Dan

Really need someone in to take a look for you. It could be a simple fix I would suspect it's probably not the boiler if it's only happening in the bathroom

Oh and in answer to your question your boiler should be serviced every 12 months not only when you think there might be something wrong with it :smile:

Really need someone in to take a look for you. It could be a simple fix I would suspect it's probably not the boiler if it's only happening in the bathroom

Any ideas what it could be if not the boiler?
possibly a washer has perished ? I've been scratching my head for a while now.

It could be a number of things. Do you have old steel pipework still in place ??

Does sound rather like something in the bathroom breaking down are there plastic aerators in the ends of the taps in the bathroom have they started to break down ??? Failing that you need to get somebody in if it's only happening in the bathroom if it's also happening elsewhere then potentially there is a problem with the boiler

Does sound rather like something in the bathroom breaking down are there plastic aerators in the ends of the taps in the bathroom have they started to break down ??? Failing that you need to get somebody in if it's only happening in the bathroom if it's also happening elsewhere then potentially there is a problem with the boiler

Are the flex hoses which go from the water in to the actual tap made of black rubber with mesh on the outside? could it be this is breaking down?
It is mainly happening in the bath tub.

It's feasible mate but as I say I think you really somebody with eyes on the situation as I'm speculating

Guess I'm trying to cost save as we dont have much spare cash with baby and all that :stuart:

Understood mate but you're clearly concerned enough to ask so it might be worth that hours call out just to put your mind at rest. Maybe try here and one of our motley crew might be able to help you out

[DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

I find old rubber smears in your fingers, which could be very old rubber washers breaking up in the bath so I'd suspect them first if there old

Is the cold supply still from an old tank? And has Speckled Jim gone missing lately?

Combi unfortunately but loving speckled jim

Combi unfortunately

Its still possible to have tank fed cold, if the combi was a conversion from an old open vent system done on the cheap. Those old tanks are also the ones most likely to without lids. The perished rubber theory is probably a better one though.

Its still possible to have tank fed cold, if the combi was a conversion from an old open vent system done on the cheap. Those old tanks are also the ones most likely to without lids. The perished rubber theory is probably a better one though.

Good point well made sorry I was just thinking "we definitely did not shoot this delicious plump-breasted pigeon."

That's how where fitted in the eightys Ray, I remember it well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Strange black residue in bath in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock