Search the forum,

Discuss Standards on Gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jjmmcc

Can I have some opinions on the following scenario?

I have been asked to quote for replacing a R/S non condensing boiler with a condensing combi boiler.

The gas supply pipework is fine for the size of the boiler, however the 22mm pipework passes through two brick walls and is not sleeved. At present this is NCS.

If I accept this work am I obliged to bring the gas supply pipework up to standard?

Well..., you'll be putting your name on it and ticking the "YES" box in the Benchmark to say that "The boiler and associated products have been installed and commissioned in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions." Has to be done!

When you say they need to be sleeved how hard of a job is it that its need requoting. Are they single cinder block walls (i would just do it) or multibrick walls that need coring through (fair enough poss needs requoting).

If you are not putting that part of the pipe in then you cannot be held responsible for it.

If you connect on to a gas pipe that goes under the floor you are not held responsible for that as long as it's tight.

Me personally I would add it onto the price and just do it.

When you say they need to be sleeved how hard of a job is it that its need requoting. Are they single cinder block walls (i would just do it) or multibrick walls that need coring through (fair enough poss needs requoting).

Thank you people for the input.

Property is in an Edinburgh tenement flat.

It is an old very well built property ( has brick & lath plaster walls (gulp) ), Internal property walls are non cavity brick walls.

I believe that the sleeving of gas pipework was introduced into the gas regs around 1998, I am seeing a lot of properties that have boilers around the 12 years old mark that have never had the gas pipework run / fitted to the correct standard.

Cant argue with the Regs, but I may have to tell my potential customers that I have to re-sleeve their supply pipework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Standards on Gas pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock