Currently reading:
Stainless Header Tank ?????

Discuss Stainless Header Tank ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusty23

Evening good folk of the land !

I have a job going on where by the header tank for the hot water needs resiting , the only problem is the available space is no where near a standard size tank to meet the needed volume ( 250 Litre ) . I have tried looking on the net and can not find a straight forward answer , but I am thinking of having a custom made Stainless tank fabricated to suit the size / space available . It will be a proper job , not scrap yard challenge .It will be more than suitably insulated .

My real question is , does this comply ??

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam

P.S ADM ......yes it is where you think it is !!!

Can't see any problems apart from the weight and getting it up there.

Douglas engineers Scotland will fab you a beautiful copper one. Send insulation ect. They can even make it in 3 parts to hel fit it in.

Evening good folk of the land !

I have a job going on where by the header tank for the hot water needs resiting , the only problem is the available space is no where near a standard size tank to meet the needed volume ( 250 Litre ) . I have tried looking on the net and can not find a straight forward answer , but I am thinking of having a custom made Stainless tank fabricated to suit the size / space available . It will be a proper job , not scrap yard challenge .It will be more than suitably insulated .

My real question is , does this comply ??

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam

P.S ADM ......yes it is where you think it is !!!
Hi Sam
When you say a header tank are we talking an F&E serving the heating system or a cold water cistern serving what ? Hot & cold water to a dwelling ???

Cheers for the answers guys , as Gas Man says , it will be feeding the hot water cylinder . I was considering linking tanks but the space available is 345 x 1200 x what ever height I want but would not be able to achieve the 250 litres that I need too by linking tanks . My father inlaw owns a fabrication company so price won't be an issue .

Thanks for answering my query guys , just did not know on the materials side of it as can not find anywhere that says I can , or that I can't .

Cheers Sam

IMHO you would still be required, under Water Reg's, to have a sealed accessible lid (with a minimum of 350mm over the top to allow access to float valve) & install a "by-law 30 kit complete with the standard air gap & O/F to water level gaps, in the same way as a standard cistern. If it servers both hot & cold then this would be a must if it is just hot then maybe a little leeway.
I would check the material (there are different grades of stainless) to be used on the WRAS web site but it should be OK, you would need to de-grease & sterilize it before use.

It is probably going to be 304 or 316 st . It only serves to hot water cylinder and cold feed to bath and shower so not potable as the rest of the house is mains fed . The problem I have is I only have a footprint of 385 x 1200 tight with no room for fittings , but have 2000 in height , so tank can be tabbed to suit . All the relevant regs / bye laws can easily be met by making it custom for the space . I would of like to link several tanks but just don't have the footprint .

Just got got to draw it up as it is a funny shaped space all the same .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless Header Tank ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back