Discuss Stainless Header Tank ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dusty23

Evening good folk of the land !

I have a job going on where by the header tank for the hot water needs resiting , the only problem is the available space is no where near a standard size tank to meet the needed volume ( 250 Litre ) . I have tried looking on the net and can not find a straight forward answer , but I am thinking of having a custom made Stainless tank fabricated to suit the size / space available . It will be a proper job , not scrap yard challenge .It will be more than suitably insulated .

My real question is , does this comply ??

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam

P.S ADM ......yes it is where you think it is !!!

Can't see any problems apart from the weight and getting it up there.

Douglas engineers Scotland will fab you a beautiful copper one. Send insulation ect. They can even make it in 3 parts to hel fit it in.

Evening good folk of the land !

I have a job going on where by the header tank for the hot water needs resiting , the only problem is the available space is no where near a standard size tank to meet the needed volume ( 250 Litre ) . I have tried looking on the net and can not find a straight forward answer , but I am thinking of having a custom made Stainless tank fabricated to suit the size / space available . It will be a proper job , not scrap yard challenge .It will be more than suitably insulated .

My real question is , does this comply ??

Thanks in advance for your help

Sam

P.S ADM ......yes it is where you think it is !!!
Hi Sam
When you say a header tank are we talking an F&E serving the heating system or a cold water cistern serving what ? Hot & cold water to a dwelling ???

Cheers for the answers guys , as Gas Man says , it will be feeding the hot water cylinder . I was considering linking tanks but the space available is 345 x 1200 x what ever height I want but would not be able to achieve the 250 litres that I need too by linking tanks . My father inlaw owns a fabrication company so price won't be an issue .

Thanks for answering my query guys , just did not know on the materials side of it as can not find anywhere that says I can , or that I can't .

Cheers Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless Header Tank ????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Two years ago, I requested a fully qualified plumber to change the location of the hot water cylinder in a vented central heating system. I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys So purchased my 1950ish ex RAF house in 2014 and it has a mix of single or double panel, no convector horrid looking Rads. They also...
Replies
Views
G
Hello, I have a standard gravity fed heating system in a four bedroom house. A couple of big rads in the extension which are downstairs in what is...
Replies
Views
JackPlumber
J
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I've "repaired" my mums loft water tank from leaking but I'm unsure if I've done it correctly so thought I'd join this great forum and...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock