Discuss Squat shaped unvented solar capable cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dysonco

Hi All,

New member to the forum, so hello everyone!

Anyway, my main reason for this post is I'm about to have a central heating upgrade, with a new boiler and solar capable water cylinder but the space I want to have the cylinder is a little tight. I can fit a 210l tank but would preferably like a bigger one if possible. Does anyone know of a cylinder manufacturer that make shorter squat cylinders? As all the ones I've been able to find seem to be 550 wide and I can only fit a cylinder that's under 1550 high.

All advice appreciated.

Dysonco

Thanks for your help Eco.

I'll give them a call.

After crawling around in the loft space where I want to house our water cylinder I've worked out that a 210l will fit okay, so worst case scenario, I may just live with that.

Best,

Dysonco

Thanks for your help Eco.

I'll give them a call.

After crawling around in the loft space where I want to house our water cylinder I've worked out that a 210l will fit okay, so worst case scenario, I may just live with that.

Best,

Dysonco
If its going up in the loft you may need to put some extra strenghth into the area your putting it, a 210ltre cylinder will weigh a 1/4 of a ton when its full of water.

may doesnt come into it, you are talking structural engineers tickets to get building regs approval to hang a 210l cylindr in the roofspace, i wouldnt want to be sleeping underneath one if your house is a) a new build or b) an old victorian build with 2x2 ceiling joists!!!

A 210litre cylinder is only around the same weight as a 50 gallon (227litre) water tank but consideration must be made on the construction of the base.

seen a couple of 50 gal plastic cisterns resting on joists alone, dont they bend into some interesting shapes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies. The weight isn't too much of an issue, the loft space it's going in has actually been designed to have a dorma and additional room built into it, so its fitted with fairly substantial floor joists. I will of course board it out witrh tongue and groove floorboards for the tank to sit on.

Best wishes,

Dysonco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Squat shaped unvented solar capable cylinder in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock