Search the forum,

Discuss Split large meter into six smaller meters. Who to contact? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny5isalive

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above i have a customer who wants to convert from one meter supplying six flats to six separate flats. As i understand it this is done by the energy provider. Any other options?

Their provider is extra energy. Spent two lots of 45 mins trying to get through to them and no joy so far. Grrrr.

Thanks for any advice.

If you've got your meter tickets, and commercial too, install 6 sub meters.

The landlord can set his own tariff then.

Ill see what he says. Student flats so im sure he'd love the money making implications. Just have to get my meter tickets.

I hope its got a large enough primary meter and not a u6 lol

Good point. Didnt look properly when i was there but i reckon its at least a u25. 2" gas pipe. Original idea was to get six separate supplies as i said before. Depends what the landlord wants really. And how much it will cost.

Good point. Didnt look properly when i was there but i reckon its at least a u25. 2" gas pipe. Original idea was to get six separate supplies as i said before. Depends what the landlord wants really. And how much it will cost.

if gas suppliers happy then go for it as long at main meter will cope with demand no problem

I assume theres allowance for refundancy or does main meter have to be able to cope with max load of secondary meters? Ie 6x6m3= 36m3. Actual load is only going to be 3m3 approx per flat and thats flat out.

Got ige docs so will look through when time

they will want to put 6 new meters outside the front of the building normally.

Original is in an outhouse on the side. Also is split across two properties as used to be a care home. Be interesting logistics to get all meters in there with original. May have to put them in their own external housings.

the pipe runs will be problaby be a problem aswell keeping them out of the other properties, etc..... fit leccy heater :)

They will be paying a pretty heafty standing charge for the big meter so it may be more cost effective to get the grid to fit seperate u6's

They will be paying a pretty heafty standing charge for the big meter so it may be more cost effective to get the grid to fit seperate u6's

Can you go straight to the grid or do you have to go through current supplier?

Usually straight to the grid for the new supplies then pick who you want the meter from. If they remove the big meter they will return it to whoever the supplier is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Split large meter into six smaller meters. Who to contact? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock