• Thread starter garythegas
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 201
  • caps

Discuss Spinner caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garythegas

Anyone know where you can get a tool to remove the security caps on meters,the type that turn round,had a small brass tool before but lost it,thanks

Don't bother, they're rubbish! I've tried using it loads, can't get them off. I usually get my grips at the bottom and grip them as tightly as possible. Then undo it and the outer usually grips the inner cap and undoes it. Then I usually tap the cap on something like a manhole cover of something hard, which forces the pin out so it can be used again.

If you want a tool, I don't know where you get them from, my supervisor gave me mine.

PM me your address Gary you can have it. It needs new O rings.

wot u onabout?
Its a thingy for a wotsit P1000745.jpg

That's it ^^^^^^^.

I used mine again today. Someone told me to literally pack the thing with grease. I did and it worked. So there's a heads up. My manager says the spin caps are about £13 each!

I thought these spin caps were only used by Distribution networks..now largley withdrawn?

last time I saw one was about ten years ago there maybe some old seals about

We use them on an almost daily basis. We get them in, but my manager deals with it. I can ask him next time and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spinner caps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m having a gas cooker pipe capped off. The GS registered plumber/ fitter, has told me that to do this, he’ll also have to service the combi...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone Doers anyone know how to remove this toilet seat? It has no push buttons or caps that I can see and I am trying to fathom out how to...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Back