Discuss Spigot flue testrictor ........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Account

hello lads,

I am stuck with a question and I believe y simple but I cannot find an answer except from guessing.

Here it goes: when would a flue spigot restrictor be used on an open flued gas fire ?

I couldn't find the answer in my logic book but I'd would guess it's either when using a flexible lined flue or you have to install it at all time because, if the catchment space gets full with debris, mortar, bricks, and leaves, birds nests it will some point block the spigot ?

However, I am a little stuck and perhaps someone could point me in the right direction.
If you know when it been used could you also tell me what type of flue wouldn't require a spigot restrictor ?

You would normally see or use those when you have excessive draught and that is usually on taller flues. Experience will guide most Engineers who work on gas fires but the manufacturers instructions will give figures and guidance in most cases.

I understand what you both saying but will it be the right answer for my acs question ? I cannot find it in my logic book though.

In your book it will give you a height of the chimney. Read instructions for fire and you will have your answer.

Restrictors are normally removed when using Flexy flue liners and in pre-cast chimneys as they restrict the products of combustion from the fire and can lead to spillage, as the flue flow is not as excessive as when a fire is fitted to a class 1 chimney or a long/high chimney.

Not sure it would Ronny if my memory serves me the flue needs to be at least the same size as the gas fire spigot or bigger with no restrictions ask shaun he will know. Gas safe love a trick question

Thanks guys,

I have got the answer from my tutor he says when the flue height is too long or manufacturer instructions.

And pre cast chimneys don't need a spigot restrictor

It goes off flue pull or length, long length or high flue pull restrictor installed

Short length or good pull no restrictor

And both of these are overruled by manufacturer instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Spigot flue testrictor ........ in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock