Discuss Sorry To Bring Up TRV's Again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jaymc

Hello,

Still trawling through the web trying to educate myself!

I'll keep it simple

Q, Do I need TRV's and where?
Q, Whch manufacturer?
Q, Any suggestions for online purchase, or anywhere near Chester?

As with most things these days, I've seen arguments for and against

Cheers

Jay

1. Yes and preferably on a radiator
2. How much do you want to pay
3. Yes online purchases can be a good thing

So have i

every rad but one (heat leak normally bathroom)

danfoss ras-c2

depends which side to chester are you if your wrexham side pts

Thanks Newcastle Phill, very informative, hardly worth the effort of typing was it?

If you don't like the content, don't reply!

Thanks Newcastle Phill, very informative, hardly worth the effort of typing was it?

If you don't like the content, don't reply!

now a comment like that is not going to help you out on here so lighten up, or you wont last long!, and tbh i dont think theres anything wrong with his post and the same could be said about your post ;)

dont bit the hand thats giving you information

Its 11:30, nearly time for bed, and I'm trying to decide which poster to assist.

Hmm. Moving on...

Wasn't typed as maliciously as you appear to be reading it?
I guess if I didn't like his answer, I too could have ignored it, It appeared sarcastic to me, that's why I replied.

Wasn't typed as maliciously as you appear to be reading it?
I guess if I didn't like his answer, I too could have ignored it, It appeared sarcastic to me, that's why I replied.

you asked a question and got your answer but here you go (translated)

Do I need TRV's and where? : Yes and preferably on a radiator (yes as stated in building regs ,where else you going to put one?????)

Whch manufacturer? : How much do you want to pay ( there are hundreds of types/ manufacturers the top ones are honeywell,danfoss, drayton and ranging from £2 upto £300)

Any suggestions for online purchase, or anywhere near Chester? : Yes online purchases can be a good thing (but they can also be bad eg bits missing best thing to do is find a local plumbing merchants and go down)

hope this help and good night

Serious.jpg

Any thermostat that reduces the amount of energy used to heat a space is going to save you money, building regs requires that you have them fitted.

Any well known brand will be suitable, after they it's what you like the look of.

Better stick to a local merchant if possible but you may save a pound or two online I guess. Is there a screwfix near by?

Still trawling through the web trying to educate myself! ..... As with most things these days, I've seen arguments for and against.

The web can be hugely useful but sadly there are no laws against stupid people posting. There are no valid arguments against fitting TRVs. They save energy, are required by building regs and make for more comfortable living conditions.

A brand new system should have TRVs on all rads except in the "reference room", i.e where the wall stat is.
If you are replacing a rad then fitting a TRV is "good practice", but not compulsory.

Which manufacturer?
(In alphabetic order)
Danfoss
Drayton
Honeywell

A brand new system should have TRVs on all rads except in the "reference room", i.e where the wall stat is.
If you are replacing a rad then fitting a TRV is "good practice", but not compulsory.

Which manufacturer?
(In alphabetic order)
Danfoss
Drayton
Honeywell

Wrong if you are change an old valve for a new one you need a trv unless eg stat or heat leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sorry To Bring Up TRV's Again in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back