Discuss Solo 3 PFL overheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iv got a solo 50 PFL Which is doing nowt With elecs on just has constant overheat light on,wont reset,overheat tests out ok pump runs,system full !.Any ideas pls ?

Hi farenuf :) Do you knoe what you're doing? Open question to find out where you're competence is :)

Kind of limited in an open forum but it sounds like you've done some tests on the boiler components. Can I just clarify that you've tested the o/heat stat and that you had continuity? :)

I sometimes wonder myself but yes gassafe reg,o/heat continuity is ok,pump running,clock switching,wall stat,ok and m/v moving with stat for c/h.Just cant get passed the o/heat obviously as it will not reset.40 yrs in this game my friend,but we dont always see past the end of our noses sometimes if wer human that is.

Have you checked the potentiometer is working correctly? 0-1M ohm I think on the 3 PFL?

Checked wiring to o'heat mate? If stat ok then wring from pcb may not be.... at a guess :) No fan yeh?

I once had one of these with the pilot light on and did nothing at all, I assumed it was the PCB but turned out to be the gas valve. It sounds like it would be the PCB but just thought I'd mention it, may be worth checking gv resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solo 3 PFL overheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock