Search the forum,

Discuss solid fuel stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

Custard is asking me about solid fuel stoves.
"Can you get solid fuel stoves that also heat the heating and hot water?"
sounds weird to me but want to get my mate to do boiler (gas) so I can do radiators (currently skirting rads)
But also dont want to tell them to get boiler when they dont need to

Hope this makes sense

Yes you can get solid multi fuel stoves that can heat water and radiators mate

Your on mainland jase you need hetas to fit as far as I know over there

Yeah, I wont be fitting the solid fuel but didnt want to recommend gas boiler if the solid fuel did both.
Will the solid fuel keep you warm in morning?
or will you need to get up early to refill it?

Yes you would have to unless its a passive house
Better as a secondary heat source not a primary one if not a super efficient house

Ok brilliant cheers, will tell custard all the above and see what they say,

They were worried about the cold mornings so may be a possibility that my mate (gsr) does boiler and i do rads (to heat house better)
and they could use solid fuel stove for hot water in summer perhaps.

I'm currently doing a job with three heat sources, gas, solar and solid fuel. All being done via an open vented thermal store with solar coil, should be a pretty decent set up once its all up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to solid fuel stoves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock