Search the forum,

Discuss Solid fuel sealed system claim on ebay auction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can apparently as I asked about if you could use a wood burner with a combi and you can.

But the combi heating circuit is open vent as is the wood burner

Last edited:
It says it is made in Europe and can be used on both vented and unvented systems,in Europe ,you can use on a unvented system,so you could buy,nip across the lake and fit it in your french barn conversion unvented..here you can not at present but they are trying to change this

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a cylinder/thermal store that injects cold mains and dumps hot in an overheat situation. Makes little sense to me and their claim its "green" is a bit thin. Saw a presentation on it a month or so ago. It's a very expensive way of solving a small problem that gives you a bigger problem. Should be a big success in this industry.

i suppose in theory with the correct controls, safety valves and heat dumpsetc, then it could be fitted to a sealed system, log burning biomass boilers can be fitted to sealed systems albeit with a very large buffer tank to take up the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Solid fuel sealed system claim on ebay auction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been told that I can't have a mains pressure unvented hot water cylinder with a back boiler on a wood burning stove as the heat source is uncontrollable. Is there a method to make the heat source controllable? I was imagining that if the cylinder was at its maximum temperature then if...
Replies
Views
I have recently moved into a house with a central heating system that runs from oil or/and the multi fuel stove. The water gets hot and then circulates into the connect radiators but they aren't hot just warm and don't stay warm continually. Any advice get my log burner between 300-400 range...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really stuck with an issue I have with our soliud fuel back boiler system and my novice understanding is pretty much out of ideas so I'd really appreciate some advice. We've recently moved into a new place that has the hot water and central heating powered by a stove in the lounge...
Replies
Views
I am after advice about a heating system I am looking to put into a recently purchased house. Ideally I would like a multi fuel log burner something like a stovax Stockton 11 with a back boiler connected to an H2 control system and that connected to an oil fired rayburn 680K. I have sourced the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Seeking any input on a matter that seems to defy logic and common sense. Sealed system Oil fired boiler (newish) feeding a large farmhouse from an annex with a good quality install/ pump etc that seems to be doing the job. The system is losing 1 bar per day for a long time. I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock