Discuss Soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Now then, I fixed a leaky pipe, ch, leak was a hole in pipe about a meter from the valve in rad. I drained down, cut pipe & soldered a new piece of pipe in. Filled up all ok (makes a change).

So, my mate whos a gas engineer said I should never solder that close to a valve without taking the pipe out if the valve.

Any comments?

I know if there's a rubber washer in a fitting, say a drain cock you should remove the rubber & then solder.

Cheers

all rubbish you solder elbows directly below etc

as above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soldering in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi guys Bit of frustrating situation, I was preparing to solder a 15mm Tee by lining it up to get the positioning right, etc and it was quite...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: I have about 4" of pipe sticking out of a concrete floor in a cupboard. It makes a 45-degree bend as it exists (bent, not with...
Replies
Views
I have a CH boiler installation with a nice simple vertical condensate drain, down and out through the wall to a pipe outside. All is as it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock