Search the forum,

Discuss Soil pipe run - is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

h8mmer

Hi,

We have plans about to go in for a largish extension and I'm trying to understand the foul waste drainage.
On the plans the architect has run a soil pipe horizontally in the ground floor roof void (feeds from first floor ensuite at the rear of the extension which is set back a metre from the ground floor).
The total run is about 9metres.

I was thinking that with the use of an AAV the distance would be ok (fall is not an issue) but because the roof height falls below sink level would it cause issues/be allowed by the building regs officer?

h8mmer

cant picture what your about, best to ask building regs and your plumber. All depends on current drain situ and if adequate vent to drain currently in place for AAV to be used.

Thanks LP, as soon as we get to build regs I'll do that - still waiting for the PO to stop drinking tea and consider something other than a square box as ground breaking in the hope it gets approval :tounge_smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Soil pipe run - is it possible? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Not sure if it's a plumbers job or another trade but thought I'd ask. I am installing a new toilet downstairs next to an outside wall. There is a 3 way inspection/access chamber about 1.5 metres outside this point which I plan on going into. It has one inlet in use from the upstairs WC...
Replies
Views
During November we have to replace a corroded cast soil pipe on the exterior wall of the 1st and 2nd floors of our 1930’s building. Fine. However, it also has a smaller diameter pipe running beside it up the full height. It appears out of the wall, level with the first floor toilet, runs up the...
Replies
Views
Hi firstly no expert so apologies in advance but have a little bit of knowledge ( sometimes dangerous I know, lol) The wife is wanting to change the house around a bit, refurbishing old en-suite which is at front of house but does not have a toilet at the moment, so obviously would like one. So...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock