Search the forum,

Discuss So... is it coming home?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest Fields

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As the title says. Your thoughts please.

Booooo!:D:D Where is all the optimism.:p:p:D:D Someone’s got to win it.
Sweden could go to penalties but now the monkey is off our back's I'm more confident about them. Next up is either Croatia or Russia and feel Croatia to be the easier team, should we progress whoever we face after that will beat us.

To be honest. I think to get past Sweden would be massive. Let’s see what happens.:););)

Bookies saying 2 nd favourites and they are rarely wrong , but this time they are wrong , we can win it !

Agree with can, but fear Brazil tbh, France can get better I feel as well.

You lot will never shut up about it if you do bring it home. :confused:
Suddenly England is fantastic because they only missed one penalty! :p

To be fair yesterday’s game weren’t great at all. Both teams were aggressive and played unfair. I definitely have to say that Columbia was the most unfair team in the World Cup. However, England didn’t play very well. The way they play won’t be enough to win the cup unless they change their way. For me Belgium or France will take it.

Me personally, I’d love to see Belgium taking it home but if France and England are in finals the. I would love to see England winning.

To be fair yesterday’s game weren’t great at all. Both teams were aggressive and played unfair. I definitely have to say that Columbia was the most unfair team in the World Cup.
Interesting Ron, how were England unfair? Don't recall players behaving as if they had been shot, arguing with the ref at every opportunity and as for 3 of them scuffing up the penalty spot well ............

Last edited:
Here's my 2 cents worth:

I've just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
Driver take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind

Oh dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Oh dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light

Fly me high through the starry skies
Maybe to an astral plane
Cross the highways of fantasy
Help me to forget today's pain

Oh dream weaver
Oh dream weaver

Though the dawn may be coming soon
There still may be some time
Fly me away to the bright side of the moon
And meet me on the other side

Oh dream weaver
Oh dream weaver

Dream weaver
Dream weaver

Interesting Ron, how were England unfair? Don't recall players behaving as if they had been shot, arguing with the ref at every opportunity and as for 3 of them scuffing up the penalty spot well .
Apart from Ashley Young.:p:p

In case of any doubt, I was asking Ron a serious Q, I've seen the Colombian captain's comments as well as the comments from the biggest cheat in world cup history so as a non English person I was interested in Ron's view.

Interesting Ron, how were England unfair? Don't recall players behaving as if they had been shot, arguing with the ref at every opportunity and as for 3 of them scuffing up the penalty spot well .
I don’t see England plays very well but that’s my opinion. However, England wasn’t as unfair as Columbia but still there were few things I would have whistled. I agree with the point of acting like being shot. Both teams argued with the ref but obviously Columbia more and in fact quite rude.

I wish you good luck for the rest games and perhaps if you keep strong you may bring it home.

I don’t want to argue we Germans definitely played as bad as never before and therefore we had to gone early. We definitely did not show that we want to win, nor did we show that we are a team. There are a lot of points to talk about why Germany did not go far. I think it clearly shows again we are only human beings and not machines. We of course play a great clean football but this competition wasn’t for us. We weren’t ready and that’s what we showed on the pitch. I think England has a lot of new comers very good young players which do not get the chance to show their skills. England doesn’t seem to support their young stars which is wrong in my opinion. I think and I know England is capable of doing a lot more and could win a lot more cups. The problem is the way they play, there is no strategy, to far from the opponents, laziness , to run gaps , to shoot from out of the box. In my opinion that’s very dangerous to shoot from 20-25m and that happens too little.
Best example I see Gareth bale who does that quite often and he scores relatively often and if not it’s still dangerous due to the fact that the keeper has to Fiat the ball.
Second guy zlatan Ibrahimovic very good player who does the same things to shoot from the second row 20-25m very successful player - I agree aggressive but fair and spot on.

Its just 3 games .
I do feel tho that we are very lightweight in front of goal and lack creativity .
So my heart says yes but brain says no

Well I for one didn`t expect Belgium to beat Brazil and France did look better against Uruguay so can see them going far now. As for England this afternoon I really think it is too close to call.

My mate has two tickets for the England vs Sweden game.
He didn't realise that it's going to be on the same day as his wedding, so he can't go. If you're interested and want to go instead of him, it's at St. Andrew's Church in Cambridge and her name is Sarah

Did anyone else think that was too easy?
Wasn’t easy to be fair.
Definitely, congrats to you all. I hope England will meet Belgium in the final that would be awesome. First of all you need to win next game which will be definitely a hard one for you guys.

Wasn’t easy to be fair.
Definitely, congrats to you all. I hope England will meet Belgium in the final that would be awesome. First of all you need to win next game which will be definitely a hard one for you guys.
Croatia are one of the favourites. We should do good though.

I would prefer Russia. But actually, I’m just glad we got this far. The worlds our oyster now though.
From now on games will be like a game of chess until one team scores. I think Russia would of "Parked the bus" against us and I`m unsure we have the players to unlock a packed defence, hopefully Croatia will attack more.

From now on games will be like a game of chess until one team scores. I think Russia would of "Parked the bus" against us and I`m unsure we have the players to unlock a packed defence, hopefully Croatia will attack more.
They will want to win it like us. It should be a good game. Fingers crossed

If we get past Croatia which I think we will I cannot see us beating France after what I saw last night.

If we get past Croatia which I think we will I cannot see us beating France after what I saw last night.
I believe when we get past Croatia tonight that everyone in England will believe ITS COMING HOME!! :p:p:p:p even the Team themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So... is it coming home?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it 😬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock