Discuss So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all a battle: unscrupulous customers unscrupulous plumbers. Just be professional.

I find most private tenants are ignorant, most struggle to answer the door, let alone advise what the problem is or make the Tea!!

Do sub contract work also and turned up to do a problem toilet and got there pretty sharpish...drove into small Cul-de-Sac looking at numbers on house then noticed the one I was attending....with a plumbers van already on drive.....don't do work don't get paid. So Mrs Bucket can phone loads of people and ask if any call out charge and if no charge phone a load up and whoever gets there first gets the job! Sometimes it seems the customer is one step ahead!
They would still get a bill.

had one today, they rang 1030 last night, boilers leaking so spent 15 mins telling them how to isolate boiler. they rang again this morning to check I was coming this afternoon, I said yes again!! see you at 4pm. they rang at 3pm to let me know they had someone who had turned up at a reasonable time !!!*!*!*

A customer rang me and pleaded that I attend as boiler was not working. They have tried all possibilities with no luck. I told them: ''Earliest I can attend it tomorrow between 12 & 1pm''.

Thy agreed. My plan was to attend during my lunch break. I got there at 11:45 and parked two houses away, but facing property. Five minutes later, a landrover pulled up and a burly chap dragged a box into the property. I instinctively knew he was there to repair the boiler. When he left 30 minutes later, I rang the house. The daughter answered phone. I asked if they had gotten someone in to attend to the boiler? ''Yes, he just left''

At the very least, you would expect them to call and cancel. Never accepted doing another job for them.

Similar to other stories,

lady phoned yesterday morning at 8am, no heat or hw " I know it's a busy time of year, when can you attend" I said about 2.30 onwards... Got a text 2 hours later to day found someone who can pop out this morning!! Could they really to wait till 2.30!!!

Maybe it's time to take part payment!

Part payment sounds like the way forward. A friend of mine does this but I have always felt in easy asking.

Part payment sounds like the way forward. A friend of mine does this but I have always felt in easy asking.

Yeah I imagine it would do more harm than good, the genuine custards don't wanna pay before hand? Plus no would it work anyway? Knock on the door and ask for a tenner for my part payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock