Discuss So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not in UK now but the list of work booked during Christmas is growing each day , some of the work I had to pass to other plumbers .
I dont do midnight calls , thank you ! My phone goes on "don't disturb " mode from 8pm to 6am .
£25 for a call out seems to low , more of a £120 min just to make safe and go back next day to sort out if it was me going

I am not in UK now but the list of work booked during Christmas is growing each day , some of the work I had to pass to other plumbers .
I dont do midnight calls , thank you ! My phone goes on "don't disturb " mode from 8pm to 6am .
£25 for a call out seems to low , more of a £120 min just to make safe and go back next day to sort out if it was me going

Did you recommend me Stan??

If not, we'll have to have a fist fight when I see you next!!!!

Have a good New Year.

agree totally

just went to a customers house at an agreed time she let me in and theres already a plumber upstairs quoting her for the work

he looked at me and said "giz a min will ya" so i stormed out.
can understand customers getting quotes from elsewhere but booking the tradesmen to come all at same time?

I have master keys to a clients house and all his other properties.

ive had a few drunken phone calls in the past, asking to be picked up and/or let into his house!

that pays well, i think i earn more from doing that than the plumbing work!

Yep I've had this before five of us at the same time I did wonder what was going on with all the vans in the street custard said right your all here now who will give me the best price, I went straight for the door but more alarming is that not everyone did.

agree totally

just went to a customers house at an agreed time she let me in and theres already a plumber upstairs quoting her for the work

can understand customers getting quotes from elsewhere but booking the tradesmen to come all at same time?

agree totally

Detest that that when it happens.
Once went to a house an hour after being called for a shower quote. When I arrived there was already someone there fitting the shower! According to the "lady" I took too long to get there.
Also went to measure up a house for Central heating on a Thursday night. Arrived at agreed time and could hardly get in the door as the house was mobbed with other installers. The owner said that they wanted the job started the following morning and if it couldn't be done then, then just to leave. I left, along with about three others. Four people stayed!

had one today, they rang 1030 last night, boilers leaking so spent 15 mins telling them how to isolate boiler. they rang again this morning to check I was coming this afternoon, I said yes again!! see you at 4pm. they rang at 3pm to let me know they had someone who had turned up at a reasonable time !!!*!*!*

Aye, there's a huge amount of douchbags out there unfortunately :(

Do sub contract work also and turned up to do a problem toilet and got there pretty sharpish...drove into small Cul-de-Sac looking at numbers on house then noticed the one I was attending....with a plumbers van already on drive.....don't do work don't get paid. So Mrs Bucket can phone loads of people and ask if any call out charge and if no charge phone a load up and whoever gets there first gets the job! Sometimes it seems the customer is one step ahead!

Do sub contract work also and turned up to do a problem toilet and got there pretty sharpish...drove into small Cul-de-Sac looking at numbers on house then noticed the one I was attending....with a plumbers van already on drive.....don't do work don't get paid. So Mrs Bucket can phone loads of people and ask if any call out charge and if no charge phone a load up and whoever gets there first gets the job! Sometimes it seems the customer is one step ahead!

I just mention my late cancellation fee and give them the invoice anyhow!

this can backfire, and the other bloke having been in the house says, I dont charge and buggers off, leaving you the crud encrusted bog with failed fill valve! I had to open the window, breathe through my ears and change the hardened valve in record time!!!, whilst leaving head out of window, all done by touch (triple gloved) My data base now lists v smelly lady for future non response if called!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to So fed up with ignorant customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock