Search the forum,

Discuss Smelly cloak bog room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kay-jay

I have to revisit a property.
Issue is downstairs w/c in a solid floor (asphalt) property. Drain goez through floor. No split in pipe. Pan connector changed, basin trap changed for anti vac type. Nothing else in room. Room stinks of open drains. Smell comes in summer and goes in winter. No blockage everythi g flushes and drains fine.

New ish built property.

Anybody come across something similar? Or have any ideas??

Cheers

Yeah and I did the same and then gave up. I hate jobs about smells. I like leaks because you can actually see/trace them. How do you trace a smell?

Open piece of waste pipe in a wall?

Well if it sinks of open drain..probably is one..problem is its probably a cock up,to will be hidden and custard not happy with room being ripped up..not a old show house I hope....

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this issue on a job.
Turned out to be due to the water evaporating from the shallow basin waste.
They weren't using the sink regularly.

Because the basin trap is now replaced with an anti vac type, I would guess it is a waste pipe or sewer pipe not joined properly below the solid floor.
Could easily be the basin pipe going into a 4" pipe but joint open somehow and smell following up beside the pipe coming through the floor.

How far is the pan away from the vent? If it's too far the anti vac trap on a basin won't be good enough to solve the problem!
Can you cut a stub stack in with and AAV?

We had 1 on a new build the other week and it turned out there was a boss under the floor not capped off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smelly cloak bog room in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock