Search the forum,

Discuss smart / internet Thermostats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Whats everyone's preference for smart thermostats / internet thermostats?

Nest, Hive, Tado, Honeywell or other

I have not fitted any yet, got a new boiler to fit and they want one

Fitted Nest, seems okay but not something I would have in my house.

I've fitted quite a few IT500s seem very popular in their simplicity

I havnt looked at the Salus. Will have to download the user guide

I'm just about to have an iT500 fitted in my house. I'll report back.

I have fitted Heatmiser neostats, Honeywell, nest and I have the Salus it500 in my house.

It depends on what you want from a control point if Veiw. The Honeywell is very good, you can use there thermostatic valve heads and control each room. The hot water control can control temperature. ( why you would feel the need to alter that!) it's very intuitive, has a nice controller, but is expensive.
The neostats are very neat. They ate very good at long distances between the stat and router, as they can link between thermostats. They can control up to 32 zones and have a separate hot water timer. The app is in my view the easiest to operate.
Te nest is quite simple in operation. But as my brother designed the software for these. I have a great suspicion of there snooping of your habits. They were designed for the American market originally to try and predict electricity demand. I find they can under, or overheat on a warm day following a cold day.
The Salus it500 is again easy to use and set up. It has hot water timing on the one unit. The app is not as good as Heatmiser, but still good. For the price you can't beat it.

Summing up, they are all reliable theses days. Customers like the techie bit and they are easy to use. But. Tbh in the two years I have had mine I've used my phone to switch it on remotely 4 times! One of them was because I couldn't be bothered to walk 6ft to the stat?

The Worcester Wave is far superior. It is a weather and load compensator too, modulation the boiler to save bills and can time the hot water cylinder or combi preheat.

All the others can do is switch the heating on and off, a long range wireless room stat if you like.

The downside is it can only do one heating zone.

Ray - Does the iT500 from you at ÂŁ114.95 come with all bits needed or is the receiver etc separate?

Call me old fashioned but I want to decide when my heating comes on and at what temp not let the stat decided for me .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to smart / internet Thermostats? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and realised that there is no room external thermostat wired to the Ideal Combi boiler. There is only mechanical timer on it. I saw some videos on Internet that mechanical timer can be replaced with electrical one but i am not sure if it is compatible with...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I did all the wiring following the diagram in the attached picture. The boiler doesn't work anymore. Please, any suggestions?
Replies
Views
I live in a very cold 3 bed detacthed house. We have a Baxi 400 heat only boiler and use Tado smart thermostat and controler to replace the old honeywell programmer. Pump is a CirculatingPumps CP50. The boiler flow temp is set at 75c and the thermistat is at 21c but it is not warm enough and...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock