Discuss Simple and basic but everyday and annoying. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use ...

Red plugs with 5mm drill bit and 4.0x40mm to 4.0x50mm screws.
Brown plug with 6mm drill bit wiggled a bit to make sort of 7mm hole using 5.0x60mm to 5.0x70mm screws.
For cavity walls I use those stubby aluminium things that screw in or Fischer 5 x 37 butterfly bolts.

I reckon on the above working really well about 95% of the time. Anything else (either in the packaging or handed over by the customer goes in the bin or is returned to the customer).

A good tip to get the plug to bite.

Ram a few matches down the side of the plug & screw up. Always worked for me.

gee, i think i am just old enough to remember yankies and a hammer and one of those bits to make holes for raw-plugs that took around an hour each to chop.

70s memories.................site work ...... hanging rads with one of those rawl plug tools and a yankee. We got a battery drill from unifix free with 9 million screws and plugs and I think you could drill about 3 holes with it?

if a red plug is loose smash a brown one in with a number 10 screw however if its thermal****re your boned but have used new thermalshiiite fixings not bad tbh but follow instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Simple and basic but everyday and annoying. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock