Discuss Sime combi fuse keeps blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to this boiler yesterday, 240 at the board coming in.

2amp fuse had blown.

replaced the fuse, it blew again the second we switched it on.

Back there tomorrow with a load of 2 amp fuses and have a new pcb just in case. I have been advised to unplug the different components until the fuse stops blowing, this should indicate what is causing it to blow.

i have a fan also just in case but can send that back if I'm wrong.

any ideas to begin with?

thanks

I have seen on y plans etc when the power trips when boiler switched on it's been the pump, so it could be that I suppose

start with pump,divertor,anywhere water and electric can mix,next move onto fan and gasvalve,not likely to be pcb,unplug each in turn

Ok thanks. I have 20 2amp fuses should be enough.

basically you have a dead short,with mains off,test between N and E on components should not see continuity,you will see it on L and E though,unplugging and testing in turn just as quick though

not teaching gm to suck eggs, but safer to unplug the lot and connect up one by one in the order you expect things to run up in ie fan,ignitor gas valve etc, saves causing a bigger cockup when the fuse doesnt blow in time

not teaching gm to suck eggs, but safer to unplug the lot and connect up one by one in the order you expect things to run up in ie fan,ignitor gas valve etc, saves causing a bigger cockup when the fuse doesnt blow in time
its a combi,pump will be the first thing to run,this is why i pointed this out first

not contradicting you, just saying, unplug the lot and plug in in turn, saves stressing bits n bobs further, just coz you stayed on field a bit longer :)

not contradicting you, just saying, unplug the lot and plug in in turn, saves stressing bits n bobs further, just coz you stayed on field a bit longer :)

agree disconnect in order of sequence ,makes sense water carrying parts always the first suspects though

Good stuff thanks, am thinking pump or fan most likely.

Will update later, assuming the Job hasn't been rescheduled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sime combi fuse keeps blowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock