Search the forum,

Discuss Showermate Negative Head Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I installed a stuart turner showermate pump about a week ago. Was called back today as it has gotten quite noisy.

Had a look today and it is rather loud, so much so the downstairs neighbours have complained.

Any ideas? Air? Faulty unit?

I flushed the pump before I connected it to the mains.

Cheers

What is it sitting on Jay ...solid floor ..floorboards ?.....regards Turnpin:biggrin:

Shouldn`t take long to bleed air out if iso valves are fitted then you can eliminate that as the cause not that I`d imagine that is it.

Check the inlet filters to see no crap has been drawn into them

air can make it louder, and it sound be on rubber feet at the least.

Where and how is the hot feed taken?

Hot feed taken from a standard tank connector I think, cant remember ... I didnt fit from new, it was a replacement pump

Shouldn`t take long to bleed air out if iso valves are fitted then you can eliminate that as the cause not that I`d imagine that is it.

Yeah both hot and cold feed had gate valves so I didnt think it was that either but thought I'd ask it anyway ...

Tank connector? The hot is normally from a dedicated flange type fitting or teed off the hot pipework at a 45 degree etc...

Gate valves are a nightmare, did they open fully as they can often seize up half shut etc

Tank connector? The hot is normally from a dedicated flange type fitting or teed off the hot pipework at a 45 degree etc...

It could be teed I cant remember to be honest... I'm going back next week so I'll check. But the last pump wasn't as loud but flow sensors had gone..

I find ST customer service to be very good, worth giving them a call to see what they suggest checking and how.

Yep custard services and I've never used one before, usually Grundfos for me recommendation.. so good so far.. are filters clear clean..??

IMG_20150314_112551.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Showermate Negative Head Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock