Discuss Shower trays on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey on new building do plumbers installing shower trays directly on to the chipboard floor? On a bed of sand and cement.

Hey on new building do plumbers installing shower trays directly on to the chipboard floor? On a bed of sand and cement.

Depends what the MI's say, some say sand and cement and some say mastic. I've heard of people using quick drying tile adhesive but never tried that.

i follow the MI unless they require materials that the builder/company i work for wont supply then i just use whatever they give me. Most builders wont buy you any fancy adhesive.

best to use something like a mira flight trap on legs. means you can check the trap on 2ndfix/ 2nd fix the tray.

its probably best to sit the legs on timbers but unless the user is huuuuuge it should be fine on the chippy floor.

As said MI's but have fitted some where the carpenter has put batten on the joists with ply spanning the gap under the finish floor and bedded trays down with flexible tile adhesive.
Why would you want a tray on feet if you can get it on the floor, have confidence in your work.

Worst comes to worst, take a measurement below to where trap is and have to cut hole in the ceiling rather than rip out tray and row of tiles.

For £20 including waste connections I know what I'd do. (Standard price on new build)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower trays on new builds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Can anyone remember the Mira mixer shower that would work down to a really low pressure on a vented hot water system without a shower pump?
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
S
I have a brand new, unboxed shower/wet room screen from KRION purchased from Porcelanosa UK. It is the Attica 1 model, as shown in the attached...
Replies
Views
Sebastian T
S
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock