Discuss Shower tray recommendations in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

So, I'm a little confused. Ben Gee. I do have to raise the tray, so I was originally going to place some OSB3 on top of some new 4" X 2" joists. I was then going to sit the tray on a bed of mortar on top of the OSB3. However, I thought that the legs would be much easier, especially with such a heavy tray, in a very confined space. But then started thinking on a 1200 X 800 tray, how do yo get to the rear legs to adjust them accurately? The last time a set up a pulley, fastened to the joists above to carefully drop the tray in under control

Attachments

• IMG_20180908_141649365.jpg
    IMG_20180908_141649365.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 13
The standard kitchen legs are rubbish stick with your method

Put a level on the floor and shim it up level. If it’s say 3mm out left to right, then have the left leg 3mm longer than the right.
I set the four corners and purposely have the intermediate legs a fraction too short so they don’t interfere levelling it by the corners. Then wind the intermediate legs down to touch the floor.
The legs can be adjusted by sticking a long slotted screwdriver Into the ribs and turning them around. Bear in mind if you have done accurate initial measuring they adjustment needed will be zero or very little.
If necesssary I use timber blocks and windbags to take the weight of the tray off the legs to make adjustments easier.
Even if you don’t use this method you have to get yourself at least a pair of hedgehog air wedges - they are so useful for many tasks!

Reply to Shower tray recommendations in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Sometime ago I removed our old 1200x800 shower tray and replaced with a Stone resin one. The stone resin tray was much, much heavier than...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am looking to install a Mira flight shower tray 760 by 760. I would have like to have removed the existing floorboards and installed battens...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have have purchased 3 Mermaid wall panels to replace the tiles in our shower. These panels are 3mm in thickness. After removing the existing...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock