Search the forum,

Discuss shower tray on concrete floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys I've got my first bathroom job on my own, the customer wants the shower tray on the floor and its a concrete floor so other than building a base for it and having a plinth can you bury the trap and waste pipe its not ideal incase there is leaks in the future i know any suggestions thanks dom

Bury the trap and pipework, just make sure that the joints are good.

6 inch core where the waste is going and then break out for the waste pipe. Fit the waste to the tray. Fit a length of pipe to waste and lay it into position and then work from there.

You could sometimes be able to finish fitting fit the waste pipe, trap & tray completely on a concrete floor & be able to test it for leaks, just to reassure yourself it is sound.
To do that, - cut the entire track for the waste pipe but do the part for the trap wide & to beyond where the outer edge of the tray is going. Bed tray in place & then fit trap to waste pipe & tighten it up before pushing it in place & sealing the waste to trap. Then you will have a gap around the trap to look in at to check for leaks while you fill tray with water. Just need to push some weak sand & cement mix (using a piece of wood to help or something else suitable) fully in around trap area later.

If your fitting yourself with no assistance what i tend to do is , lay tray mark where shortest run and waste hole is , cut trench ( just enuf for pipe and bit extra round top access trap, i then fit my waste pipe attatching it to the bottom half of the trap then have a dry run and lay the tray down so you might have to manouver bottom half so it lines up square with waste hole, once our happy bed down with cement filling trench aswell and put sealant on the bottom half of trap which is laying in trench , lay tray on top and screw top half of grating onto the trap then level tray, once all set i seal inside the trap where the 2 points meet if you follow me , good luck dom and good call as riser kit last resort n doesnt look so good, i had to build a base 2 weeks ago because the existing 4" was half under half over ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower tray on concrete floor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning towards the waste end though. The shower tray is pushed underneath the tiles. My mate did the tiling and I now realise that we should have put the shower...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
Void under shower former My recently installed solid resin shower tray / wet room former has around 4mm flex across a dinner plate sized area in the middle. It's on a concrete base that was unevenly screeded over. The gap will likely be under 10mm. It has not yet been tanked or tiled but would...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock