Search the forum,

Discuss Shower plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

locsuna

Hi all, I've just bought a Grohe Grohetherm 1000 and I am wondering how the supplied fittings are plumbed in. I think they go into a female fitting but I'm a bit unsure. Any ideas please.

Attachments

• fitting.jpg
    fitting.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 9
Well you can fit to 1/2"female to 15mm compression straight or bent

Ther 3/4" thread goes to shower ,make sure you allow enough distance for tiles

or would recommend plate below as can fix well

ShowerPL8 by Marflow
:)

Thanks for that puddle.
I've had a look at the Marflow plate and it looks a good idea. I just need to work out depth of chase as it looks like I'll have to put a short length of copper in between supply elbow and female straight compression fitting. Depth seems crucial.

yes you need to get the depth right although there is a bit of leaway what you need to do is whats called first fix make upt the taps comlete with shrouds,tails and the fitting its going into to get the depth to finished tile correct you also have to get the spacing right and the whole thing level can be a bit like juggling frogs

you can get other shower fixing kit too from plumb centre - 20 odd quid but really good all i use to be honest when it comes to bar showers,

its a back plate and shroud with a compression fitting, pipes come through the tile, plate is screwed over pipe, watch for where pip is behind tile. the compression nut is then fitted and the shroud is then screwed over the top to create chrome cover, you are then left with a thread for the bar shower to thread onto. ideal if the pipes are already poking through so you cant fit the back plate suggested by puddle.

As steve says its crucial to get the position right, make sure both fittings are at the right/same depth, nothing worse than a crooked bar valve. It takes time to get it right so dont rush it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock