Search the forum,

Discuss Shower Head Blocked. How to disassemble? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. My shower head as got blocked up with limescale. I've poked pins in all the holes, soaked it in vinegar, painted it with Kilrock etc and still sections do not produce water.
showerHead.jpg
Is it possible to disassemble this (and get it back together!);
Any clues as to how to take this apart?
(Or who made it so I can ask them?).
Thanks for any information

Last edited:
Stand it in an old bucket / measuring jug, pour Kilrock down the neck, add water and let it stand and fizz, may need to repeat.

alternatively this type of head comes with a tool to take it apart. you can see the place on the head where it goes to unscrew it for cleaning purposes.

alternatively this type of head comes with a tool to take it apart. you can see the place on the head where it goes to unscrew it for cleaning purposes.
The three holes in the side?
but where do I get a tool?

Do you know who makes the head?

Stand it in an old bucket / measuring jug, pour Kilrock down the neck, add water and let it stand and fizz, may need to repeat.
Yes, I had a go at that - recycled the kilrock round a few times. I think parts are so gummed up that it will take forever to get through with this approach.

But if all else fails . . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower Head Blocked. How to disassemble? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I have repeatedly low water pressure from my taps and shower - but only on my first floor - due to having filters blocked by some substance that is not sediment or limescale. The crystals are easily crushed and slightly waxy,slimey. I had their chemistry analysed at work. It is not sediment...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
S
I have recently fitted a thermostatic external mixer shower in my bathroom. The problem is that when it is set to the highest possible temperature its only luke warm at best. The hot water in my house is generated from a combi boiler which should be able to deliver a hot water flowrate of...
Replies
Views
S
Hi All I had an unvented cylinder fitted about 6 years ago. It only supplies hot water to my shower. I was hoping for a much better flow rate from the shower but it seemed no different from the original combi boiler hot feed. There is (unusually) a lever that lets me select the combi or the...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock