Search the forum,

Discuss Should I replace my old boiler ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rilla

Hi all, I've a glow-worm economy plus boiler which is at least 12 years old.

It's been serviced a couple of times and had 2 repairs - both when the pilot light wouldn't stay on.

It's starting to get a bit noisy lately - it did this when I first moved into this house and a plumber turned up the pump to its fastes setting which did the trick.

Is it worth trying to keep this boiler going or would it be best to change it for a condensing boiler - if so would this save me much on my fuel bills.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, I've a glow-worm economy plus boiler which is at least 12 years old.

It's been serviced a couple of times and had 2 repairs - both when the pilot light wouldn't stay on.

It's starting to get a bit noisy lately - it did this when I first moved into this house and a plumber turned up the pump to its fastes setting which did the trick.

Is it worth trying to keep this boiler going or would it be best to change it for a condensing boiler - if so would this save me much on my fuel bills.

Thanks in advance.
Yes it would save you maybe 25% on your heating bills,as an installer I would advise,if it aint broke don't fix it!Mains pressure DHW is great but boiler swap is costly,save up but keep it going as long as you can is my advice

Thanks for the advice.

I'll keep my original boiler going until repairs are too costly.

One of the repairs was when I had switched off the boiler as we were away on holiday and the pilot light wouldn't stop on after that.

Is it ok , or advisable to switch off the gas supply when you are away ?

doesnt make much diff one way or other switching gas off..sometimes harder to relight if a boiler has been off for several weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Should I replace my old boiler ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock