Discuss Self cutting DOC - good idea or another bit of junk for the toolbox? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Saw this today for the first time. Apparently we have been selling them for ages! :) I had never seen it before.

Its a cross between a self-cutting tap and a DOC. The idea is that it is a temporary fix to allow you to drain down when there are no DOCs fitted - once drained you take it out, replace the bit of pipe that you have cut into, and fit a proper DOC so that the next plumber doesn't have the same problem.

Clever idea, or just another gadget that will haunt the van?

Attachments

• Self  cutting DOC.jpg
    Self cutting DOC.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 272
There's nothing I hate more than someone checking their phone all day for messages. Anyone does that working for me it's phone in the van or off site.

i hate talking/working with somebody who cuts convos short to answer there phone or check text messages all the time.... it drives me mad and i tend to always.............. "beep,beep!"

Last edited:
My phone is set on vibrate when in a house, so no one gets disturbed by the constant ringtone all day. I mainly use it for work and honestly couldn't do without it now.

I still remember my first phone. A "half brick" Motorola. How things have changed.

Thanks Ray,
Is there a 22mm version made as well ? ( not asking for one of those for free as that would just be cheeky !! )
Kev.

Ray can you also get a 22mm version of this particular one with the drain valve?

I emailed and asked. The answer came back...

EmailFromRobPond said:
I am on the case amigo
Can get it in washing machine valve and add a hose union to it ?

That sounds like a working solution to me. Its not like the thing has to look nice, it just has to work! Not much point in tooling up for a dedicated fitting if a heath-robinson approach will be cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Self cutting DOC - good idea or another bit of junk for the toolbox? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock