Discuss Secondary return pump replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. Limited DIYer who can replace a tap but when it comes to actual real plumbing and pipework, useless.

I have a failed secondary return pump in our unvented system. The failed pump is a Lowara EBV 15-1/65U with a mechanical timer.

If possible, I would like to just replace the unit with a new one directly into the existing fitting, if that's at all possible. I would like the replacement to have a digital timer but if anyone would like to suggest alternatives, such as a separate timer for the electrics. For example, would it be possible to just replace the unit with, say, a Grundfos Comfort 15‑14 BA PM by screwing the replacement into the existing fitting or would I need a plumber to refit the replacement including existing pipework fittings?

This is the existing failed system and pipework orientation:

IMG_0887.png
IMG_0888.png

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated.

Reply to Secondary return pump replacement in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock