Search the forum,

Discuss Secondary ecv in an apartment block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
Hi guys can any of you point me to the regs regarding secondary ecv to a flat

The flats are 3 storeys high with internal gas rises in a cupboard on the communial landing , This would be perfect for secondary ecv, I know it's meant to be point of entry to the flat but this is just not practical with the lay out of the apartments, the gas would enter above the front door in the ceiling and would then have to go another 15 to 20 meters to a kitchen base unit before having the secondary ecv , so would the secondary ecv in the landing riser cupboard be up to regs ?

Thanks for your help / input

The info you need is in IGE UP 2. Or regulation 9 of GS(IU) regs.

It must be as near as practicable to the point of entry of the building amongst other things.

Is this installation Commercial?

The info you need is in IGE UP 2. Or regulation 9 of GS(IU) regs.

It must be as near as practicable to the point of entry of the building amongst other things.

Is this installation Commercial?
No mate it's domestic flats , just seems a bit pointless isolating inside the flat as it will only isolate the last 2 metres and boiler where as if it's in the cupboard outside isolates the whole flat

Would the cupboard be within 3 meters of the front door
Yes mate right outside the front door , but to confirm I spoke to gas safe for there input , .... Has to be within the flat not external even though the cupboard is next to the front door , and then the ecv has to be fitted at point of entry , i needed to run from the front door to the kitchen base unit in the ceiling space and locate the ecv in the base unit, this is not acceptable according to gas safe,

Now rerouting gas pipes external with risers which looks Rubbish, but complies.

Still requires an ecv if external so where’s it going ?

Reply to Secondary ecv in an apartment block in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Excuse the length but this seems like a complicated fix. I lived in a 1930s block of flats. Brick building with concrete slab floors. The waste stack is internal and bricked into corner of the bathroom. I noticed paint peeling and brown staining recently at the bottom near the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, Apologies for the mammoth post but my neighbours and I really need some advice... I recently purchased a flat that was built in 2016. The apartment is still under the NHBC 10yr warranty. Since moving in, I discovered that the rainwater pipe that runs through my winter garden balcony...
Replies
Views
Sorry - I should have posted this in the Central Heating section. Hello All, I don`t know how many Members would be affected by this and at present it is only a Boiler Manufacturers interpretation of possible amendments to the Building Regulations Fire protection relating to Boilers in Flats...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Hi Has any one got information on track pipe volumes and discharge rates Currently doing a 3 storey plot of flats with 3 flats per floor , I've been asking from day one on meter locations so we can run gas 1st fix to meter box , no M&E drawings . Meters was agreed to go outside in a semi...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock