Search the forum,

Discuss Seat Problem With Back to Wall Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nick584

Hi,

I have a small GSI back to wall toilet (I don't know the model) and the pair of seat brackets have come loose in the chinaware. There does not appear to be any access from the front so it looks like I will have to break the silicone bead and unscrew from the floor to pull the whole pan away from the wall.

Does anyone know of any better method of securing the seat to the chinaware?

Thanks,
Nick

these normally have a seat bracket that tightens up from above? is there a cover that can be removed to screw/tighten the bracket?

hmmm the only visible fixing is a small grub screw and I don't want to take it out in case part of what's holding it together falls down the back

Have you got some pics Nick? With lots of the top fixing seats, it really isn't obvious how they work, unless you know.

Thanks snowhead it is a soft close hinge and looks the same - I've attached a photo that basically show the same thing. Does that mean its safe to remove the grub screw, i.e. I don't want to take the seat off if I'm not going to be able to get it back on.

Thanks again,
Nick
Side1.jpgSide2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Seat Problem With Back to Wall Toilet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock