Discuss Sealant for external flue run. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all. Got to run a Vailliant flue externally and been told by vailliant I need a heat resistant flexible silicone. Can anyone recommend which silicone to go for? Cheers

Interesting as I notice a job the other day with silicone round the external flue joint (worcester) and thought it had been bodged.

Never heard of sealing flue joints externally. Whats the purpose as it has a ring seal anyway?

Interesting as I notice a job the other day with silicone round the external flue joint (worcester) and thought it had been bodged.

Never heard of sealing flue joints externally. Whats the purpose as it has a ring seal anyway?

to stop water ingress on the air side

Reply to Sealant for external flue run. in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Shower is leaking into downstairs when water is being aimed at wall . All sealant has been redone on outside and between shower tray and...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I was hoping you could help with a potential boiler build query for my father. He has recently had a new boiler installed via British...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock